Who we are
Established over 17 years ago, Wood for Trees is recognised as being the UK’s leading charity data analytics and database management business.
We help charities and not-for-profit organisations make a difference, helping them generate and utilise their money more effectively, by helping them get the most from their data.
This means more of the funds they raise can be spent on their respective causes, helping create a better society for all.
We’ve built a reputation for providing valuable insight, strategic advice and pragmatic action that can have a significant effect on the bottom line.
We’re looking for a Solutions Consultant who’ll cover all aspects of working with our clients, from the inception of a prospect enquiry through to a long-term solution implementation and all tasks in between. This means that one day a consultant could be working on a response to a tender, the next day training a new client or hosting a workshop for existing users, through to supporting and maintaining clients through many years of use of their solution, adding to, amending and improving things as time goes on.
As technology, platforms and databases change, the challenge of migrating solutions across to such new platforms or consuming new data from the same, leads to ongoing opportunities to work with our clients to help them achieve their goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Support on pre-sales relationships alongside senior consultant to define and demonstrate the technical aspects of any potential solution
- Assist in responding to client tender processes to ensure the required level of information is available for the best response document
- Develop system solutions through a hands-on approach, shaping client and third-party data sources (alongside Wood for Trees SQL development resource as required) into client-facing systems
- Perform training of clients in Apteco (or similar) products, in line with developed solutions
- Assist in the support and maintenance of the solution environment in general, including dealing with helpdesk tickets from clients and ensuring effective communication and escalation of any issues found while conducting the role
- Good understanding of data and database structures, preferably with a high-level analytical background and excellent numerical skills
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Apteco products (FastStats, PeopleStage, Orbit) or similar application
- SQL skills for the manipulation and preparation of client supplied data within Management Studio
- Understanding of data processing techniques and methodologies including deduplication, consolidation and suppressions
- Methodical, pragmatic and questioning mind with good evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, home working
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) plus three volunteering days
- 3% employer contributory pension
- Birthday meal on us
- Cycle to work scheme and repairs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Retail discounts
- Regular social events
- Access to a range of further benefits through Inc & Co – Club 100. For the complete list, visit club100.incandco.com
Please note all recruitment is managed by Inc & Co.Apply now