Wood for Trees was formed back in 2007 with a simple goal of providing actionable insights to our clients. Having been involved in many data projects that were disconnected from context, business strategy, and therefore outcomes, we wanted to do things differently and help our clients ensure that their data projects delivered real results.
Many years later we still have that same simple goal:
“To help everyone do the right thing with the right data, so that together we can build a better future.”
Things have certainly changed over the years:
- We have grown a large and loyal client base and have focused on supporting organisations across the not for profit sector, we have become experts in fundraising and the data the feeds it, and feel privileged to count many of the UK (and the world’s) best known charities among our partners.
- We have expanded our services beyond insight to cover the data systems and infrastructures that are needed to help provide that insight. We now do all things data.
- We have grown from 3 blokes working in their back rooms (with occasional meetings down the pub) to a team of over 20 experienced and knowledgeable data professionals working from our Bath offices
But our core principles have not.
These underpin the people we employ and the work we do:
- We are data storytellers
- We excel in the charity and not-for-profit sectors
- We champion data
- We are curious…
- We love innovation
- An inspiration and a friend to clients
- We embrace an ‘execution culture’ (“we get stuff done”)
- We are data custodians
- We are committed team builders
- An open and honest culture
And all along the way we have had fun, won some awards, analysed billions and billions of rows of data, but most importantly helped our clients raise millions of pounds towards their fantastic causes.
From case studies, to whitepapers, user stories and reports – find out why Wood for Trees are widely recognised as industry leaders in the charity data space. Keep up to date with the latest developments and take advantage of over 30 years experience working side by side with fundraising teams.Find Out More