Wood for Trees is looking for someone who will lead the sales & marketing function to grow and expand the small existing team and to help take us to the next level. This includes a switch of focus from largely service led sales to a more product-led approach.
The role reports directly into the Managing Director and will be a key member of the senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will seize this opportunity to build, grow and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients, by being hands-on for larger client relationships and by applying their extensive expertise to further development of the rest of the Account Management and Business Development teams. They will also take responsibility for our marketing plans, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager, to deliver a comprehensive marketing programme to support our sales targets, drawing on their proven track record of listening to clients, gaining a clear understanding of their needs, building sustainable relationships, and turning this into the business will all be key. It is also crucial you can motivate others to perform, and manage their performance through Key Performance Indicators, demonstrating boundless energy and passion for what each business within the group does.
In your day to day role, you’ll be talking about the products and services that Wood for Trees offers to the charity market. You will need a good understanding of the charity sector and its needs (specifically in areas of data analytics and data management) and be able to effectively translate those needs into requirements for our products and services. If no direct charity experience, you will need to demonstrate similar experience and the ability to quickly adapt and learn in a new sector.
- Full accountability for the company’s sales performance
- Creating and managing a sales strategy and the process
- Design and monitoring of monthly activity KPIs by the sales and accounts team
- Working with the sales and accounts teams to service new and existing client relationships
- Sharing your experience with, supporting and developing the team
- Own and develop all sales and marketing collateral and be responsible for onboarding journeys for new clients and opportunities
- Working closely with the central marketing team to plan and execute marketing activity including networking, events and exhibitions on a regular basis
- Ensure all clients have appropriate contracts and other legal agreements in place
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability and proven track record of achieving set KPIs
- Passionate about achieving sales through service and relationship management
- Friendly, confident and empathetic with excellent people skills
- Minimum 2 years in a sales management role, ideally in the charity and/or data analytics sectors
- Experience of product-led sales strategies
- Experience meeting and exceeding sales targets of those in their team
Please note: all recruitment is managed by Inc & Co.Apply now